This is a fire test for determining values of flame propagation height for electrical and optical-fiber cables that are for installation vertically in shafts or in vertical runs that penetrate one or more floors.
The purpose of this test is to determine whether the flame propagation characteristics of these "riser" cables are in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
1. U-shaped pressure gauge: the pressure of the test chamber are maintained at 0-12pa.
2. Hygrometer: measure the temperature and humidity of the test chamber.
3. Structure of the test box: the overall structure is made of concrete wall, the first floor is 1.22m, and the second floor is 3.66M. The top floor is 2.24m, and the external dimension is 7.12mx1.3m wide x2.5m long.
4. The wall structure is a concrete with a density of 1061b/ft3 (1698kd/m), and its thermal conductivity (k) is 0.38btu (0.055w/mk) at 21.1c. The first and second layers are composed of 203mm thick reinforced ordinary weight cement, and the top is composed of a wall structure that can ensure tightness. The measuring holes on the second layer must be vertically above the measuring holes (305mmby610mm) on the first layer. Each hole is 203mm from the back of the box and 102m from the side of the box
5. The ignition device is composed of a 1/2 inch steel pipe, a 1/2 inch elbow and a steel ignition dispersion plate.
6. Install a propane flowmeter at the place of gas injection.
7. Install exhaust fan and anemometer at the outlet of fan test box.