Significance and Use This Fafnir Friction Oxidation Tester is used to evaluate the property of lubricating greases to protect oscillating bearings from fretting wear. This method, used for specification purposes, differentiates among greases allowing low, medium, and high amounts of fretting wear under the prescribed test conditions. The test has been used to predict the fretting performance of greases in wheel bearings of passenger cars shipped long distances.5 Test results do not necessarily correlate with results from other types of service. It is the responsibility of the user to determine whether test results correlate with other types of service.
Fafnir test; false brinelling; fretting corrosion; fretting wear; friction oxidation; grease; lubricating grease; oscillating wear test; wear;ICS Number Code 75.100 (Lubricants, industrial oils and related products)
I. Main technical features 1. This Fafnir Friction Oxidation Tester has two sets of standard thrust ball test bearings, inner diameter 16mm ± 0.025mm, outer diameter 35.69 ± 0.025mm;
2. The frequency converter controls the motor to improve the control frequency accuracy and digital display of the operating frequency;
3. High precision spring guide cylinder, 31.75mm ± 0.25mm long, 23.02mm ± 0.05mm outer diameter, 13.614mm ± 0.013mm inner diameter;
4. Oscillating bearing seat is equipped with fixing screws;
5. This Fafnir Friction Oxidation Tester is supplied with a set of standard fixtures;
6. Digital display time controller, when the test time reaches the buzzer prompt.